Cluster management is the actual management of the cluster, Cluster governance is about ensuring that the cluster is well managed. Cluster governance represents the interests of cluster stakeholders (e.g., universities and research institutes, large and small companies, government, supporting structures etc.), while cluster managers strive to serve the needs of cluster stakeholders. Cluster management addresses day-to-day cluster activities such as planning, allocation of human and financial resources, monitoring cluster progress etc. Governance, in turn, among others refers to appointing cluster managers and evaluating their performance, setting the vision and strategy of the cluster and approving action plans.
Steering committee is executive body of the Assembly that is in charge of aims implementation and work of Association, which are settled in this Statute and decisions of the Assembly.
Steering committee has five members that are selected by Assembly.
Steering committee members mandate is four years and they can be elected again for the same position.
Steering committee among his members elects President and vice President.
Steering committee has authority to:
- Prepare Assembly meetings;
- Conduct politics, conclusions and other decisions brought by Assembly;
- Entrust special conditions to some members;
- Dispose with assets and make financial decisions;
- Decide about starting up procedure for modification and amendment of the Statute and other acts; self initiated or at proposal of at least 1/3 votes of members, and prepare suggestions of modifications and amendments which submits to Assembly for acceptance.
- Decide about employment of the new workers/ Cluster Managers;
-Decide about other questions that are not in explicit authority of Assembly and other controls, in accordance with Statute.
Steering committee validly decides in case of presence of at least 1/2 of members, and decisions makes with majority of votes.